The Kenworth company was founded in 1915 in the USA (the first name was Gerlinger Mfg. Co). The name "Kenworth" is formed from the two surnames of the largest shareholders of the company - Harry Kent and Edgar Worthington. In 1915, the first truck of the plant was also produced, intended for the needs of the woodworking and mining industries.
After successfully overcoming the economic crisis of 1929-1933 in the United States, Kenworth engineers, for the first time in the history of freight transport, created an American truck powered by a six-cylinder gasoline engine. And a couple of years later, the developers invent a "cabover cab", placing it above the engine. Thus, in 1935, the world saw a brand new American truck called "Kenworth 516". In 1949, the company surprised the world with another novelty - The Bruck, which was a combination of a bus and a truck. A few more years later, Kenworth launched vehicles with 150-220 hp Cummins diesel engines.
Thus, by 1966, Kenworth had 46 factories located throughout America, and in 1968 it launched a plant in Australia. The company's truck and tractor unit sales have grown significantly. Another innovation of the enterprise is the manufacture in 1974 of a tractor with a 450 hp engine. with., for transportation of the world's largest Magnetic Spectrometer. By the 90s, Kenworth had expanded its lineup with a variety of dump trucks and tractors designed for a wide variety of applications.
Kenworth Т800 - a body truck designed for work in the construction industries, forestry, etc. Т800 is the most versatile of all Kenworth models. The T800 is equipped with concrete mixers, refrigeration equipment and tipper bodies.